Premises Liability Attorneys in Jersey City
Types of Slip and Fall Cases
- Wet and slippery floors
- Shoddy or incomplete construction
- Inadequate lighting
- Malfunctioning elevators and escalators
- Poorly trained or untrained employees or security guards
- Stairway obstructions
- Failure to clear snow, ice, or rainwater
The Complexities of Premises
- You took reasonable precautions to avoid the incident or injury.
- You were on someone else’s property when you were hurt.
- A hazardous condition on that property caused your injury.
- The defendant knew, or should have known, about this hazardous condition.
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Costs associated with any emotional trauma, pain, or suffering
- Confirming facts and always clearly and consistently describing the incident
- Preserving all evidence related to the case
- Taking photographs of the accident as soon as possible or, if circumstances require, having another party take pictures
- Recording any witness statements