Workplace Discrimination Attorney in Jersey City, NJ
Experienced Lawyers Assisting Victims of Employment Discrimination in Jersey City
DEFENDING YOUR RIGHTS TO FAIR TREATMENT
DISCRIMINATION IN THE WORKPLACE IS AGAINST THE LAW
- National original
- Retaliation for cooperating in good faith with a colleague’s claim for discrimination
REALITY VERSUS WHAT CAN BE PROVEN IN COURT
PROVING DISCRIMINATION IN COURT
- Direct method. This method usually involves a comment or admission made by the person who made the discriminatory decision. This is easiest to prove when someone other than the plaintiff was witness to and is willing to testify regarding the comment or admission.
- Indirect method. This method is more common and is divided into three phases:
- The applicant or employee must prove that he or she was qualified for the job or promotion in question and is of a protected race, sex, ethnicity, religion, or other such classification.
- The employer now retaliates with a legal reason for not hiring or promoting the applicant or employee, such as lack of qualifications or poor performance.
- The applicant or employee must now prove that the reason provided by the employer is not true.